The Laws Relating to Fantasy Sports Games in India
‘The Laws Relating to Fantasy Sports Games in India’ is an authoritative collection of articles on the legal and regulatory aspects surrounding fantasy sports games in India. The publication is an initiative of the Sports Law and Policy Centre, Bengaluru and has been enabled through contributions from experts in sports and gaming laws from leading law firms in the country.
The publication provides a contemporary reference point on the legal environment surrounding fantasy sports games in India, especially in the context of recent legal and judicial developments.
The articles critical issues affecting the formulation, regulation and implementation of the laws of gaming and their application to fantasy sports games. The subjects that have been deliberated on in the Publication include:
- The legal environment surrounding games of skill;
- Evaluating the ‘skill’ element in fantasy sports games;
- The treatment of online fantasy sports games;
- The legal status of paid fantasy sports games in India;
- The use of third party intellectual property in fantasy sports games; and
- The opportunity for self-regulation of the fantasy sports games sector in India.
The publication may be accessed here: