Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Sports Law and Policy Centre’s blog. Below are the guidelines and procedure for publication on our blog. If you have any further questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Please read the guidelines and terms of submission carefully prior to your submission.
2) Please fill out the submission form and attach your post, author bio and images (if any) on the submission page of this website. If you are unable to attach the requisite files or face any other technical difficulties, please email your submissions to email@example.com.
3) Please provide us up to two weeks to respond to your submission. We will inform you of our decision on the email provided by you during submission of your post.
1. Topic: Your post must be on a contemporary sports law or policy related topic with an India aspect. You may also email us with blog post ideas/potential titles if you want to be certain the topic you want to write on is suitable for our blog and is relevant and timely enough for publication.
2. Original: Your post should be original and must have never been published before.
3. Word Limit: There is no minimum word limit however, your post must not exceed 1,500-2,000 words.
4. References - Any references should be included in text
where necessary, but given the nature of a blog post generally be kept to a minimum. Any
citations should be made as follows:
• Case citations: should be made in a format generally accepted in country where the decision has been rendered. References must in any case contain the name of the parties, name of the court/tribunal; date of the decision; place of publication; page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted;
• Book citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full; the title of the book in italics, edition (if not first), place of publication, publisher, date, page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted;
• Article citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full, title of article in double quotation marks, title of website/journal in italics, date of publication, page(s) and/or paragraph(s) quoted.
5. Clear language - All blog posts should be written in a clear language, with observation of rules of English grammar and spelling.
6. Microsoft Word Document - All materials must be submitted in Microsoft Word-format.
7. Images: If you wish to provide an image for your blog post, it should be attributed (provide image source URL), and must be in JPG or PNG format.
Terms of Submission
1. Disclaimer - Under no circumstances shall The Sports Law and Policy Centre or persons otherwise affiliated with the aforementioned be held liable in respect of any material submitted and published on our blog. The Sports Law and Policy Centre shall not be responsible for the accuracy of any content submitted by you. We will, if notified and having satisfied ourselves of the bona fides of the notification, remove any content that might constitute a legal violation.
2. Copyright - By submitting material for publication, you guarantee that you are the original copyright holder of the work in question, and you own the legal rights to use the information. As such, we have no legal liability regarding any copyright claims against you, but we may remove offending posts as/when we are advised of any breaches.
3. Review - Any posts submitted will be reviewed by the editorial team at The Sports Law and Policy Centre. The publication of any post submitted will be at the sole discretion of The Sports Law and Policy Centre.
4. Reservation of Rights - We reserve the right to accept, reject or remove any material submitted for publication without providing any reasons.
5. Offensive content - Any post or content deemed defamatory, racist, or otherwise illegal or offending shall not be approved for publication.
6. Non-exclusive license for publication - By submitting a post, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish the post in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format giving due credit to you.
7. Acknowledgment - You acknowledge that any breach of the above mentioned terms may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing any post or content you submit to us, including consequential losses.